mercredi 25 mars 2015

Phobias! You got 'em?

Anyone else have dumb, unshakable phobias?



I have a two very common ones:



1) Heights. No, I don't want to look over the edge of that super tall building. Oh, I'm sure it's a great view. No, really not interested. Oh, me? I'm quite all right being on the ground. All right, if it's such a nice view could you climb all the way up and take a picture for me, great thx.



2) Bugs. Bugs of all types. Six legs. Eight legs. Hundred legs. Nope nope nope. No, I don't want to hold. Oh, a harmless cricket? Still not interested. A tarantula? You're kidding, right. I said get it away from me before I taze you.



Also, two incredibly dumb phobias:



1) Sleeping in a unlit room. I'm an adult who still has night terrors. It's really hard for me to sleep alone without a small nightlight. Without one, I will "hear" the sound of footsteps, as if someone is in the house, or I will trace outlines of non-existent figures in front of me. I also have to shut the closet door, because it's very unnerving to see it open when I'm in bed.



I stopped watching horror movies years ago, but recently gf-chan and some friends decided on a whim to see a movie a bogeyman who comes out of closet. It's disrupted my sleep for weeks. Same thing happened when I watched a play through of Silent Hill.



2) Aliens / alien abductions / alien invasions. I watched the movie Fire In the Sky when I was a child, and the alien abduction sequence absolutely messed me up for life. Pure eschatological terror in a manner I can't describe.



I'm not at all bothered so much by Star Wars type aliens, chestbursters, ET, the Xenomorph, or little green men. Specifically, it's the depiction of the emaciated, buggy-eyed "grey" alien. I'm pretty sure my reaction is similar to people who get really unnerved by ventriloquist dummies.





Ok, those are mine. What are yours, if any?




Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire