lundi 21 mai 2018

Am I being scammed?

Out of the blue I got an email from someone in the UK who claims to have found my name in an ad. He supposedly has a son visiting my part of the country and he wants his son to get 3 two-hour tutoring sessions each week for two weeks.

The problem is, I don't know what ad he's talking about! It's possible I posted my résumé on a jobs site, or craigslist ... but I don't remember doing so.

I'm trying to figure out if there's any angle for a scam. His English did not seem perfect, even though he has an English name, but he wasn't asking for my bank account number or trying to hook me up with a Nigerian prince. It could be just what it seems. I did write back, because I did not see the harm in it. I'm just curious to see if anybody here sees an angle for a scam.

It would be weird if someone were just writing to random people ... because most people aren't tutors ... so in that way it did not see random.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire