dimanche 23 octobre 2016

HyperNormalisation

HyperNormalisation is a new movie by Adam Curtis. You may have seen previous movies by him with the titles "The Power of Nightmares" and "Bitter Lake" which both used a lot of archive footage to tell some complex narrative about The Way the World is Today.

Although I often enjoy Curtis's films for the music and footage he edits together, I often find some of his theories to be a tad overblown and borderline conspiratorial.

I have not yet watched this one, but I am going to link to the video of it:

[yt]MYR9GroeU6c[/yt]

I have put this in Social Issues and Current Events because his movies are supposed to be about Current Events and why they are happening. I suppose it could have been in the Movies and Music forum, or even the Conspiracy Theories forum, or possibly the Economics forum, but I am going to put it here in the off-chance that others here are interested in discussing it.

So, has anyone watched it yet? What did you think of it? Was it believable or was it pretentious?


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire