lundi 15 octobre 2018

Have you been polled? (2018 mide-term elections)

In addition to a cell phone, I also have a VoIP phone (Vonage) which seems to be regulated just like a land line.

So, I get called for political polls.

Here's the thing though - they don't seem to be very professional about it. The first two barely seemed able to read the questions they were asking - seriously, they had trouble sounding out the words. This was normal, American accented English coming from a Washington D.C. area code, for whatever that is worth.

Two others called me, then placed me on hold. The first one had nice music, I put the phone on speaker and made silly dances for my kids, until I got bored and hung up after about 45 seconds. The next one was 10 seconds of silence until I hung up.

Two picked up quickly and got right down to business, but those were both polling about the election in Utah, and I don't live there anymore (the VoIP phone still has the same phone number as we had in Utah).

Which is all kind of frustrating. I am happy to participate in polls, legitimate ones anyway, the kind that don't ask misleading questions or preface the questions with strawman scenarios. I think accurate polling data is important to the candidates and the process in general.

But they just don't seem very professional about it.

Curious to see if other forum members have had similar experiences.


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire