dimanche 19 septembre 2021

No More White Saviours, Please!

Is the call of black writer, Nova Reid.

This couplet stood out:

Quote:

There’s an impulsive desire to fix, to be the hero of the story, to swoop in and rescue and, for some, it also comes from a place of superiority and/or a desire to be forgiven. It feeds into something called the “White Saviour Industrial Complex”...

...If someone is in any doubt, they should ask themselves: am I acting because it’s the right thing to do, to centre the needs of others, or am I doing this for myself, to feel better and make myself look good?
I was strongly reminded of people who froth at the mouth about stories alleging racism on the internet, jumping all over anyone who dares disagree with their "analysis".


Aucun commentaire:

Enregistrer un commentaire